The Swimming Pool Store offers a thorough and professional pool opening service for pool owners in Connecticut. We have more than 50 years of experience in opening swimming pools after a harsh New England winter and provide comprehensive services, including removing and putting away all winter equipment and assembling and installing your pool equipment for the summer.
We ask you to please review the customer responsibilities below to prepare for a smooth pool opening service, such as removing debris and water from your cover and raising your water level. We leave your pool area clean and tidy and are always available if you have any questions.
Pool Opening Service:
- Remove winter cover
- Remove winterization plugs
- Install operational fittings
- Start pump and filter in “as is” condition
- Assemble and install pool equipment (ladders, rails, etc.)
- Set timers, controllers, and clocks
- Test fire heater and check safety circuits
- Add 12.5% liquid sodium hypochlorite shock and add standard dosage of algaecide for up to 30,000 gallons.
- Pools over 30,000 gallons will incur additional chemical fees.
- Make notes on the invoice of any concerning issues with pool, water quality, and pool equipment.
Customer’s Responsibilities Before Your Pool Opening Service:
- Customer must raise water level to half way up the skimmer box opening prior to our arrival.
- Customer must ensure that all water and debris on the pool’s cover is removed prior to our arrival.
- The Swimming Pool Store is not responsible for any water or debris that enter the pool as part of the opening.
- If The Swimming Pool Store is required to remove any water or debris from pool cover, additional charges of $180/hr will be added.
- Customer shall ensure that a reliable and accessible source of electric power is available prior to our arrival.
- If there is no reliable and visible source of power, the opening may be rescheduled.
- If customer has a specific place they would like their cover, plugs, and water bags stored, they must inform The Swimming Pool Store prior to our arrival or equipment will be left neatly on the pool deck or in the pool shed.
- Any return trip needed due to failure of customer to meet these responsibilities will generate a service charge of $180/hr.
- Customer understands that the opening does not include complete chemical balancing or vacuuming of the pool.
- If any part or piece of equipment which is essential for running the pool (o-rings, gaskets, plugs, pumps, filters, etc.) is not easily accessible upon our arrival for your pool opening service, we may not be able to get the pool running, and any return visit will incur a $180/hr service charge.
- Customer understands that a pool opening or closing does not include the restoration or repair of issues with the pool’s or property’s existing construction, landscaping, plumbing lines, or equipment.
- The Swimming Pool Store will inform the customer if their cover is in a damaged condition, but is not responsible for any damage resulting from covers in need of repair or replacement.
- Customer may cancel their appointment at any time prior to our arrival. A service charge of $180 will be invoiced to the customer if opening or closing is canceled after our arrival on the property on the scheduled service date.
- Customer will receive an invoice for the services usually within a week of completion.
- Customer is to pay the invoice in full upon receiving the invoice.
- After 30 days, late fees of 1.5% per month will be added to the invoice total.
- Failure to pay the invoice in full within one year of your pool opening service will result in submission of invoice to a collections agency or a mechanic’s lien on the customer’s property.