Please note our summer hours :
When closing and winterizing your pool, it is important to remember to balance your pool water’s chemistry prior to closing and don’t forget the algaecide. Algaecide is simple and effective with one quart of winter algaecide typically enough to treat 20,000 gallons of water all winter long. By simply adding algaecide to your water prior to closing, you can prevent algae growth from occurring during the cold, winter months which makes for an easier opening in the spring.
You can apply algaecide directly to the pool water and allow the pump to continue to circulate for approximately two to four hours. Adding winter algaecide to your pool water when closing for the winter provides many benefits to pool owners which include:
- Prevention of algae growth including black, green or mustard algae
- Prevents algae growth all winter long
- Copper pool algaecide lasts longer to work throughout the entire winter
- Winter algaecide is designed specifically for cold weather algae prevention
- Adding algaecide to your water does not interfere with other chemicals
Winter algaecide can prevent algae from taking hold in your pool water during the winter months for up to 5 months. Pools with mesh covers or no covers may require a second application prior to opening in the spring to be sure algae remains completely under control.