Please note our summer hours :
Simple Pool Closing Checklist
It’ll be September before we know it and as much as we hate to admit it, it’s time to start thinking about closing our pools. There are a few things that you can do to make the annual winter pool closing event go a little smoother. The Swimming Pool Store offers experienced pool closing services that ensure equipment safety during the winter and contribute to a smooth opening in the spring.
Even when a professional pool company closes your pool, you’ll need to prepare for your pool closing with a few simple steps. You can save this year when you balance your water within two weeks of scheduling your closing. Read more to learn how to have a successful pool closing.
- Clean your pool by vacuuming and skimming out any leaves or debris
- Balance your pool water by making sure your chlorine is at a normal level of 1.5 – 3.5ppm, alkalinity is in the range of 80-100, pH is 7.6-7.8 and calcium hardness is between 150-250. The Swimming Pool Store will add shock and algaecide as part of the closing process.
- Inspect your winter cover and make sure it wasn’t damaged over the winter. Some rodents like to make homes in pool covers stored for the winter, always use some mice deterrents when storing pool covers to deter pesky invaders.
- Make sure you know where you’ll store your pool equipment. If your storage space filled up with other things over the summer, you’ll need to make room to store your pool equipment. Taking proper care of pool equipment is necessary to avoid costly repairs.
- Check all equipment, your liner and winter covers for damage, wear and tear. Make sure that your winter pool cover is in good shape or ask The Swimming Pool Store about winter safety covers.
- Call The Swimming Pool Store to close your pool within two weeks of balancing your chemicals.
The Swimming Pool Store Offers Pool Closing Specials
The Swimming Pool Store has been providing professional pool services for nearly 50 years, we offer pool closing specials to help our customers enjoy a worry free winter and easy spring opening. We will clear out the normal amount of leaves and dirt from your pool, add shock and algaecide for the winter, perform proper maintenance for your pump on any type of pool whether above ground, in-ground or salt water systems. We install your winter cover and clean up leaving your pool area clean and secure.
Follow this simple checklist for a worry free pool closing and contact us today to learn more about our specials. As always, we offer free pool water testing to help maintain and balance your pool water.
The Swimming Pool Store is a professional pool supply and service company with vast experience in servicing all types of pools. We have nearly 50 years of pleasing customers with first rate, friendly pool service and maintenance. Contact us today to learn more about how you can save on your pool closing services.