Heating your pool is a must for pool owners in climates like Connecticut, where you better make the most of the summer. There are a lot of options available with high-efficiency, high-performance gas or propane pool heaters, such as the Pentair propane pool heater product line.
Pentair Pool Heaters Named Brand Most Used
Pentair is recognized worldwide as a leader in water filtration solutions with drinking water systems as well as pool and spa pumps, filtration, and pool heating solutions with a focus on smart, sustainable solutions for one of life’s most precious resources. Pentair was listed as the brand most used in an industry survey, receiving a vote from US industry professionals with the highest overall rating.
Pentair pool heaters make sure your water is ready for swimming when you are, with a selection of gas or propane pool heaters, electric heat pumps, and a dual hybrid heater, combining the best of both worlds with first-to-market pool heating technology. Pentair provides energy-efficient pool heaters with the latest technology and automation.
Considerations When Choosing A Propane Pool Heater
You should speak with your swimming pool professional before choosing the type of pool heating technology for your pool, as there are many considerations to ensure that you get the right heating solution to meet your needs and your budget. Many people choose to go with a propane pool heater as it provides quick heating solutions that work well in climates with four seasons when you want to heat the water quickly in the spring or keep it open a little later before fall hits. Gas and propane pool heaters available today are much more efficient than heaters produced even 10 years ago.
You might be surprised at the affordability of heating your pool with a propane pool heater, especially if you use it in conjunction with a solar cover in the evening to hold the heat in and prevent evaporation. For pool owners who already use a heater, they don’t know how they ever lived without one. Some of the most important considerations when choosing your pool heater include:
- The size of the heater necessary – pool heaters are rated by their heating capacity, which is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs). Most gas or propane pool heaters can produce a range of 175,000 to 400,000 BTUs, while most heat pumps anywhere between 100,000 to 150,000 BTUs depending on the size. This is why gas pool heaters heat the water quicker than a heat pump, but the heat pump does a fine job of maintaining water temperature once it gets there.
- Your location and the availability and costs of gas and electric – cooler climates can benefit from a gas heater with quick heating technology, especially in areas where gas prices are low to moderate.
- Size of your pool – the size of your pool will also dictate the type of pool heater that will deliver the best and most efficient performance.
Your swimming pool professional can help you evaluate all of these considerations and more such as the amount of exposure to sunlight and wind and other factors, to determine the best pool heating solution. You can maximize your pool heating efficiency by using a solar cover and maintaining healthy water chemistry.
Pentair Propane Pool Heaters
Pentair propane pool heaters are available in various high-efficiency models. Gas and propane pool heaters are ideal if you want to heat your water as quickly as possible if you live in an area with low-cost natural gas or propane or high electricity costs. Pentair offers gas and propane pool heaters with a variety of specifications and features to match your needs and budget.
- Pentair ETi® 250 High-Efficiency Pool and Spa Heater – Get more use out of your warm backyard pool with up to 96% thermal efficiency. That means that the heater efficiently uses 96 cents of every dollar’s worth of gas pumped into the heater to go
directly into heating your pool.
- Pentair ETi® 400 High-Efficiency Pool and Spa Heater – 400 BTU, high efficiency, safe up to 14% on energy expenses compared to other traditional gas heaters.
- MasterTemp® High-Performance Pool and Spa Heaters – TradeGrade – includes smart connectivity with the Pentair Automation System and alerts sent to a smart device anywhere, anytime. Whether in the pool or on your way with friends, enjoy easy, breezy control of your pool functions, even with wrinkly fingers.
To learn more about the different types of pool heaters, the technology, cost-efficiency, and pros and cons of each type, check out our FREE Guide:
Have more time for splashin’ and relaxin’ with Pentair pool heaters and assistance from The Swimming Pool Store.
The Swimming Pool Store offers more than 50 years of experience in providing professional swimming pool services and offering the latest in quality pool equipment. We help you to maximize your energy efficiency and cost savings with a pool heater consultation to make sure you get optimal heating performance with maximum value. Contact us to learn more about all types of pool heating options, including Pentair propane pool heaters.