Please note our store closing date is November 1st, we are always available by appointment!
Now that fall is officially here to stay and harsh winters are just around the corner, it’s important to make sure your swimming pool is properly winterized. Following a few simple tips will ensure that your pool is not damaged from the freezing cold weather providing a worry free opening in the spring. Follow these tips to make sure that your swimming pool is properly winterized and avoid costly repairs:
- Properly attach your winter pool cover around the perimeter of your pool to prevent the cover from sinking in the middle, which allows leaves, dirt and debris to accumulate and cause damage to your pool.
- If you use water bags, make sure that they are not deflated or leaking.
- Keep your winter pool cover clean as heavy snow and ice can rip or damage winter pool covers.
- Make sure that you added winter algaecide to prevent algae growth while closed
- Don’t forget the antifreeze in your plumbing after blowing out the lines. Cracked pipes underground are costly and challenging to repair.
Feel free to contact The Swimming Pool Store with any questions about closing and winterizing your pool. Check out our pool closing special if you want or need some expert assistance in making sure your pool is closed up properly to survive the cold winter. We prefer to help our customers with preventive maintenance rather than expensive repairs.
The Swimming Pool Store offers nearly 50 years of professional and experienced swimming pool service. We provide ongoing maintenance, water analysis, pool chemicals, pool closings and a 10,000 square foot pool store stocked with all your favorite pool supplies. Contact us with any questions regarding winterizing your swimming pool and to learn more about our pool closing special.