Now that fall is officially here to stay and harsh winters are just around the corner, it is important to make sure that your swimming pool is properly winterized. Following a few simple tips will ensure that your pool is not damaged from the freezing cold weather. Taking care of your swimming pool during the winter months will prevent damage to your pool and equipment for a worry-free opening in the spring.
Follow these tips to make sure that your swimming pool is correctly winterized to protect your pool, pool equipment and pool cover to avoid costly repairs:
- Make sure that your winter pool cover is properly attached around the perimeter of your pool. This will prevent the cover from sinking in the middle which allows leaves, dirt and debris to accumulate and cause damage to your pool.
- If you use water bags around your pool, make sure that they are not leaking or deflated.
- Keep your winter pool cover clean as heavy snow and ice can rip or damage winter pool covers. Here are more tips for Winter Maintenance for Pool Covers to protect your cover and pool all winter long.
- Winter algaecide added when closing your pool will help to prevent algae growth during the off-season.
- Antifreeze added to your pool plumbing is a critical part of closing your pool and helps to prevent pipes from freezing and cracking over the winter. Blowing out your pool pipes and adding antifreeze will prevent serious damage and costly repairs.
The Swimming Pool Store offers 50 years of experience in pool services including maintenance, pool closings and winterizing your pool. Our experienced pool technicians will help to protect your swimming pool over the cold, winter months for a smooth opening in the spring.
The Swimming Pool Store offers professional pool maintenance and services including pool closing, openings, maintenance and pool renovations. Our experienced pool technicians will help to make sure your pool is closed and winterized properly to avoid costly repairs in the spring. Contact us with any questions about protecting your pool during harsh winter weather.
If you need any pool or spa services during the winter months, please call (860) 673-6118 and leave a message, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.